Saturday, March 24, 2012

Take Me To Your Leader


Everyone follows someone; even leaders have their heroes. As one who has others counting on you, where do you get your inspiration from?

There is a song whose lyrics echo what strong leaders pray when they are seeking wisdom and favor.

Lead me Lord, I'll follow any where you open up the door,
let me know your wisdom, show me things I've never seen before.
Lord, I want to be your witness, you can take what's wrong and make it right.
Daystar shine down on me, let your love shine through me in the night.


When your desire is to follow Jesus, you're following the leader of all leaders, providing the perfect model to imitate. As you continue to emulate His example, His favor will be evident in your life. That is what you want. Your goal should be to get others to ask what the secret of your success is. And then you tell them.

Not in a preachy, condescending manner, but in the way one would brag about weight loss, or finding a steal-of-a-deal at the grocery store. Sharing about your hero should come as naturally as everyday conversation. If you can master that technique, you will be successful in leading others to Him. Of all leadership positions, can you really improve on that goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment